We are all very happy with the turnout in Hubbub’s Digital Giving Day last week and all the fantastic speakers who offered us useful insights on the latest digital giving innovations.
If you weren’t able to attend, here are just a few highlights from the day
- Bob Burdenski joined us all the way from Chicago, starting the day with a tour of the innovative digital giving activities happening all over the world. From The Smithsonian’s crowdfunding project that encouraged over 9,400 supporters to save Neil Armstrong spacesuit to Duke University’s email programme surpassing the income growth of their telephone appeals, Bob showed us some inspiring examples of how digital is making its mark in the charity sector.
- David Pearce talked with us about how we can use social media to get the attention of our supporters and how important building up your social networks are before you start a digital campaign.
- Lewis Clayton showed us how Texas Christian University used Hubbub’s Ambassador Programme to leverage the influential power of passionate and active alumni to help make TCU’s Giving Day a growing success.
- Diana Curran, took a break from her holiday in London to share with us the success Worcester State University had with Giving Days and how she was able to grow the programme into a sustainable feature of their regular giving programme.
- In a time where new regulations pose challenging opportunities for our organisations, Adrian Beney provided fantastic advice and guidance about how we can make simple changes now that will benefit our best practices around gathering consent for the future.
- To wrap up the day, our Hubbub Expert Panel, including Susie Braithwaite, Brett de Gaynesford and James Martin and lead by Hubbub Founder and CEO, Jonathan May, spoke how they’ve been implementing successful crowdfunding programmes at their respective institutions.
Missed our Digital Giving Day? How about registering your interest for our next events?Get notified about future events
Latest posts by Tereza Litsa (see all)
- Five creative examples of charities using digital fundraising - September 14, 2017
- Seven tips to turn your social media followers into donors - September 7, 2017
- 30 free online tools for effective nonprofit fundraising - August 3, 2017