We are delighted to welcome Katie-Mai Kong to Team Hubbub as our new People & Development Manager. 🎉
Katie-Mai has joined Hubbub to create and head up our People Operations function. She has previous experience working in startups and is super passionate about employee happiness, company culture and values.
Getting to know Katie-Mai
What made you join Hubbub?
I was looking for a role where:
- I could help develop and shape the culture, values and people operations function
- I could work in a startup that focused on using tech for good
- I would be surrounded by a great team
Hubbub just ticked all my boxes and more!
What are you currently working on?
I only joined Hubbub at the beginning of April, and moving to a company with pretty much no HR function is keeping me extremely busy!
At the moment I’m working on creating an internal training program, helping the team create individual development plans and reshaping our benefits. I also have lots of additional projects – last week I created and launched our intranet, Hubbub Home. So the work is pretty varied!
What are your three proudest achievements?
1. Studying a full time Master’s degree whilst working full time.
2. Helping to run both GeekGirl Meetups and Crack+Cider.
3 I’m fundraising at the moment as I’m heading to Nepal with ActionAid in October to help rebuild a school that was destroyed during the 2015 earthquakes. In just four months I’ve raised 85% of my £3,000 target!
What do you love most about working at Hubbub?
The people! The team at Hubbub is awesome – a very creative group who are really passionate about what we do and also super friendly and sociable. There’s never a dull moment in the office!
Describe yourself in three words.
Awesome. Creative. Happy.
What was the last book you read? What was it about? Would you recommend it?
“Solve for Happy” by Mo Gawdat – I saw Mo speak at an event and he is an incredible inspiration. I definitely recommend reading this book – it will open your eyes to so much about yourself.
What are you passionate about?
Learning! I’ve got two Bachelor degrees and am currently studying my Master’s. Maybe a PhD one day…!
Who’s your hero?
I’m not sure I can choose one… there are so many inspirational people out there! Anyone who stands up and fights for equality and equal rights for all is my hero. I love this quote from Malala Yousafzai – “I raise my voice not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard.”
Latest posts by Tereza Litsa (see all)
- 30 free online tools for effective nonprofit fundraising - August 3, 2017
- Creative ways for Alumni Relations teams to use Instagram, Youtube, and LinkedIn - July 19, 2017
- Meet our new team member: Aleksandra Mikolajczyk #TeamHubbub - June 22, 2017