We were delighted with the turnout at Hubbub’s Digital Fundraising Best Practice Day on June 1st. The day, kindly hosted by the University of Nottingham, included useful tips on how institutions successfully embed digital streams into their fundraising strategies.
If you weren’t able to attend, here are just a few highlights from the day:
- The University of Nottingham’s Simon Buttenshaw (Head of Regular Giving) and Shea Mellor (Students’ Union) kicked things off, talking about the success of their crowdfunding platform, Jumpstart, and how they incorporated student-led projects into their fundraising mix. It was an interesting presentation on the importance of community-driven fundraising, offering tips on how to plan a campaign, how to engage students and how to use great stories to meet fundraising goals.
- George Cockburn (Regular Giving Assistant) from the University of Exeter talked about a different aspect of crowdfunding: how it can be used to support academic research. He stressed the importance of having a plan in mind when setting a goal, and offered his own tips on how to tell an appealing story and how to find the right audience to engage.
- Gavin Lee (Data Analysis Manager) from RNLI joined us via live streaming to discuss why RNLI moved to opt-in fundraising and how they planned and targeted their campaign so as to reach their audience.
- Duncan Knox delivered a presentation on behalf of Yaz Hussein from SOAS University on best practices in running a giving campaign and recruiting ambassadors. He presented some interesting stats from SOAS’s last fundraising campaign and explained how they reached their goals by recruiting influential ambassadors.
- Finally, Tom Sellers gave a preview of what’s coming up next on Hubbub’s product roadmap. This was an opportunity to present all the improvements expected to existing solutions, along with the plans for new technology – from crowdfunding to giving days and social ambassador management.
If you’d like to view the slides, you can request access to our Sharing Centre.
Latest posts by Tereza Litsa (see all)
- 30 free online tools for effective nonprofit fundraising - August 3, 2017
- Creative ways for Alumni Relations teams to use Instagram, Youtube, and LinkedIn - July 19, 2017
- Meet our new team member: Aleksandra Mikolajczyk #TeamHubbub - June 22, 2017